Women have struggled for years to get equal pay for equal work. But too often, it seems, the ladies come up on the short end of the salary scale. However, the roles are reversed in these 10 fields, where, according to a report by CNNMoney.com gals actually tend to out earn the guys.
Ladies, check out this list to see where you may want to try to get your next paycheck:
- Telephone Operator — Women ring up an average income of $22,152 annually, a significant 21% more than the men, who average $18,356.
- Meter Reader — Women earn about $36,348 a year, 15% more than the men’s average of $31,668.
- Motion-Picture Projectionist – The ladies generally get about $35,412 annually, 27% more than the guys, who tend to pocket about $27,924.
- Library Assistant — Women average $23,608, while men make $18,512, which is 28% less.
- Funeral Services Worker — Women tend to get about $30,108, 23% more than the guys’ $24,492.
- Food Batch Maker — Ladies are ladled out an average compensation of $27,872, which is 19% more than the $23,400 men receive.
- Crossing Guard — Women average $18,824 annually, whereas men tend to get about $16,640, which is 13% less.
- Construction Trades Helper — Gals in this field earn an average $26,936, which is 24% more than the guys’ average of $21,736.
- Human Resources Assistant — Women are getting an average $30,420, while their male counterparts are earning $28,028, 9% less.
- Gaming Services Worker — Women who roll the dice in this field average $24,076, which is 8% more than the men’s average of $22,308.
It’s still not enough for this economy to live comfortably but you at least get a gage of these salaries if you’re looking to change careers.