- Taylor Swift’s Label Didn’t Even Know About ‘Folklore’ – Taylor Swift collaborator and The National’s Aaron Dessner spoke with Pitchfork about the secrecy of “Folklore.” Dessner says that even Swift’s label didn’t know about the album until it’s release.
“There was no outside influence at all. In fact, nobody knew, including her label, until hours before it was launched,” said Aaron. “For someone who’s been in this glaring spotlight for 15 years, it’s really liberating to have some privacy and work on her own terms. She deserves that. At times, if I wanted friends to play on the record, it was a little difficult because you can’t send a file with her vocals. But everyone was cool. At the end, I reached out to some wizards just to add bits, and that was nice. It was kind of fun: ‘What? Why can’t you tell me, Aaron?’ Then they start guessing. Everyone made a game out of it.” said Aaron.
Taylor and Aaron continue to work with talk that she may contribute to Aaron’s Big Red Machine band. Aaron says there are songs that were done that he still feels could be released and he feels there is a “community” feel about the work that’s going on now.
- Delta Turns Flight Around After Passengers Refuse To Wear Masks – Remember when your dad would threaten to turn the car around if you didn’t behave? That’s what Delta Airlines did last week after two passengers refused to wear a facemask. According to reports, the Atlanta-bound flight turned around in mid-air after two passengers were “non-compliant with crew instructions”. After landing in Detroit, the flight took off again and arrived safely at its destination after a delay. Virtually every airline now requires all passengers to wear facemasks on board. Delta requires a ‘virtual medical evaluation’ for any passenger claiming to have a health condition that prevents them from wearing a mask
- Ed Sheeran On Addiction And People Stealing From Him – Ed Sheeran did an eye-opening talk during an online summit about well-being and anxiety.
In the chat, Sheeran spoke about his “very addictive personality” saying that during his 2014 X tour, “I would stay up and drink all night and then sleep on the bus. The buses would park underneath the arenas and I’d sleep on the bus all day, then wake up and then come out, do the show, drink, get back on the bus and I didn’t see sunlight for maybe four months.” Sheeran said that lifestyle led him to eat more. Sheeran recalls, “They used to call me two-dinner Teddy because I used to order two meals and eat that. Then you start putting on loads of weight and hating the way you look. I think things like sugar, sweet stuff, junk food, cocaine, alcohol, it feels good the more you do, but it’s the worst thing for you.” Sheeran pointed out that early in his career, people got strange. Sheeran said, “When you have success and you find money… you get people getting weird with you. I had family members turn weird and friends fall out with me and people stealing. It’s not the key to happiness. Fame is an enhancer [of] everyone else’s insecurities. The number of people I don’t speak to anymore just because it just turned weird.”
- Target To Close On Thanksgiving – Target will not be open on Thanksgiving. Avoiding big crowds and pushy people trying to get deals is a big concern in the season of COVID-19.
In a statement, Target CEO Brian Cornell said, “This year more than ever, a joyful holiday will be inseparable from a safe one, and we’re continuing to adjust our plans to deliver ease, value and the joy of the season in a way that only Target can.” Target will begin offering its biggest deals online and in stores starting in October. Last week, Walmart announced its decision to stay closed on Thanksgiving.
- Kanye West Claims He Will Beat Joe Biden In Presidential Election, Twitter Reacts – Over the weekend Kanye jumped back on Twitter to let folks know that he could beat Joe Biden with write-in votes. Followers felt the tweet was biased as it didn’t mention incumbent, Donald Trump, “I will beat Biden off of write-ins #2020VISION,” West wrote.
People tweeted about Kanye only running a campaign to divide Biden’s votes with one person pleading with Kanye to take votes from Trump so that Biden could win.
Kanye also apologized to his wife, Kim, who he called out during last week’s Twitterstorm, “I would like to apologize to my wife Kim for going public with something that was a private matter. I did not cover her as she has covered me. To Kim, I want to say I know I hurt you. Please forgive me. Thank you for always being there for me,” Kanye tweeted.
Kanye was also spotted over the weekend walking into a medical facility for a checkup while in Wyoming on his ranch.